Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide: Take the Proper Steps to Detect

There are a lot of potential gases that could exist in your home. Natural gas, radon, and gases and vapors that can come from such items as household furnishings, carpeting, flooring and paints. But none are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide is potentially a matter of life and death, so it should not be treated lightly. This toxic gas is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and initially non-irritating. A by-product of burnt fuel, carbon monoxide can make its way into your home when the heat exchanger on a gas furnace cracks, allowing carbon monoxide to leak. Depending on how big the leak is and the circulation in a home, carbon monoxide can quickly be fatal, or the toxic gas could cause symptoms that have been misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections, and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.

You absolutely cannot risk carbon monoxide poisoning. Here are some steps you can take:

  1. If you do not have a working carbon monoxide detector in your home, call Jack Nelson Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning in Tulsa to purchase one. Ask us about affordable WiFi carbon monoxide detectors like the Nest Protect.
  2. If you have a carbon monoxide detector, be sure to regularly check or replace the batteries. Testing should be done every three months, and the detector should be replaced every 3 to 5 years.
  3. If you hear the carbon monoxide detector alarm go off, or start to have flu-like symptoms, ask your doctor to test for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary and with the proper steps you can protect your family from its dangers. Take the necessary steps and call Jack Nelson Service Experts in Tulsa at 918-212-8927 to learn more.

Jack Nelson Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
9223 South Garnett
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma 74012

Phone: 918-212-8927
Email: jacknelson@serviceexperts.com
License # 75407