Spring is great for more than a few reasons: flowers bloom, you can open windows for crisp air and your power bill is usually at its lowest. That’s because you’re not turning to your heater or air conditioner.
But as temps begin to increase, so do your energy bills. Here are a few ideas for saving energy in Tulsa and keeping costs lower.
1. Schedule Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a yearly maintenance visit can help it operate more efficiently and lower costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep power expenses low.
If your HVAC equipment has had better days, spring is an excellent time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in newer AC systems is an obvious benefit for keeping your power charges down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on home comfort bills. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Focusing on how to expertly schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to cut down on energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think of it this way, the lower the difference between outdoor temperatures and inside temperatures, the cheaper your energy expense will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or turn it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your House
You can do several other approaches to help keep your house cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise in the summer, which drives cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it comes through windows. Keep your home more comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny rooms.
4. Think About Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats learn your routine and move the temp when you’re not around to help you save energy and money. You can also set the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These expert suggestions will all help keep summer energy bills less expensive. If you conclude it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 918-212-8927 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the correct fit for your home. And like always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.