Booking annual AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Checkups keep your air conditioning system in Tulsa working at its top performance while keeping utility usage low. It also can even help lengthen its life span.
While there are a few things you can do by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Jack Nelson Service Experts, for AC examinations and upkeep.
Here are a few steps you can do by yourself as you get ready for cooling season.
Get Your AC Maintenance Scheduled
Spring is a season of renewal, and to many that entails a large amount of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the toastier weather right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to include AC service on that listing.
Spring is the best time of year to get your cooling system freshened and examined. Delaying to switch it on until the first hot day of the year can be dicey. If you need a fix or replacement, you could be waiting awhile for a tech. And that may become awfully uncomfortable.
And for people with allergies, being one step ahead with a clean air conditioning system will help assure the finest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Also, air conditioner service can be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Complete Service Myself?
There are methods that you can do to help keep your AC equipment in the best state:
- Put in a new air filter. Dirty filters limit airflow and may lower your unit’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the kind you install, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a dog in your residence.
- Lawn work around the exterior condenser. Ensure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes near your cooling unit. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of free space. You should also clear any leaves or twigs that have fallen into your equipment, since this could limit airflow.
Let the Pros Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to do? If you call Jack Nelson Service Experts at 918-212-8927, the first thing we could do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already completed. Then our pros begin the nitty gritty. We’ll examine your equipment and make sure it’s operating properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to ensure secure cooling.
- Greasing to keep moving components working effortlessly and potentially avoid problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Fixing coil fins to stay clear of reduced airflow.
- Cleansing the outside coil to eliminate any blockage from dirt and grass.
- Inspecting controls to make sure your system is turning on, running and shutting down correctly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to ensure your equipment has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we uncover troubles that involve further service, we are ready to provide you the most cost-effective option. Pinpointing possible issues in a timely manner may solve more substantial problems later on. This also offers you time to save if your AC is getting older.
When you are seeking a modern AC system, our Experts will partner with you to locate the best solution for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Whatever your AC needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Ready to book your checkup? Contact us at 918-212-8927 or schedule an appointment online now.