Planning annual AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Checkups keep your air conditioning system in Tulsa working at its top performance while keeping utility usage low. It also can even help prolong its life span.
While there are a few jobs you can do by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Jack Nelson Service Experts, for AC examinations and upkeep.
Here are a few steps you can do alone as you prep for cooling season.
Get Your AC Maintenance Scheduled
Spring is a period of renewal, and to many that entails a large portion of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter weather right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to include AC checkups on that listing.
Spring is the best time of year to get your air conditioning system scrubbed and inspected. Hesitating to switch it on until the first hot day of the year can be dicey. If you need a fix or replacement, you could be waiting awhile for a tech. And that could become awfully uncomfortable.
And for people with allergies, being well prepared with a clean air conditioning system will help assure the finest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Also, air conditioner service can be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Complete Service Myself?
There are methods that you can do to help keep your air conditioner unit in the best state:
- Change your air filter. Dirty filters limit airflow and may lower your unit’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the model you install, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a dog in your residence.
- Lawn work around the exterior condenser. Ensure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes near your cooling unit. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of open space. You should also get rid of any leaves or twigs that have fallen into your system, as this could impede airflow.
Let the Professionals Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to do? If you call Jack Nelson Service Experts at 918-212-8927, the first thing we could do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already finished. Then our Experts begin the nitty gritty. We’ll check your unit and make sure it’s working properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to ensure reliable comfort.
- Oiling to keep moving pieces working effortlessly and potentially avoid problems.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Aligning coil fins to stay clear of reduced airflow.
- Cleansing the outside coil to eliminate any accumulation from dust and weeds.
- Inspecting controls to make sure your system is switching on, running and shutting down like it should.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to ensure your unit has the right refrigeration charge.
If we uncover troubles that need further work, we are ready to provide you the most cost-effective option. Pinpointing possible troubles promptly could solve more expensive problems later on. This also provides you time to strategize if your system is aging.
When you are looking for a modern AC system, our Experts will work with you to locate the ideal solution for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Whatever your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Ready to request your tune-up? Contact us at 918-212-8927 or schedule an appointment online now.