It’s cold out there. Most of the country is layering up for some freezing weather. And while the Experts are always eager to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing pearls of wisdom to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water fixtures.
- Insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow trickle in indoor sinks by outer walls can prevent pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets under sinks to keep warm air moving around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those indoor heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents closed in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not functional, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick inspection.
Follow these quick tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then heat yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, Jack Nelson Service Experts is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.