There are a multitude of vapors that could be inside your Tulsa home. Natural gas and gases that come from residential fixtures, flooring and paints. Not a one of them are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.
Get in touch with Jack Nelson Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 918-212-8927 now to get started protecting your home against this harmful gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Toxic?
Carbon monoxide could be a major concern, so it’s not a matter to mess around with.
1. You Can’t Smell It
Carbon monoxide is life-threatening because you cannot view it, smell it with your nose or taste it. It doesn’t cause irritation in small doses and can’t be filtered.
2. It Can Be Fatal in Just a Few Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a result of used fuel. It can filter into your house during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace fails. While it depends on how big the leak is and the ventilation in a house, carbon monoxide can become lethal in just a few minutes.
Once inhaled, the gas has a half-life of around five hours. If you are inhaling clean air, it requires five hours to get it out of your system. You will need an additional five hours to reduce that concentration by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Resemble Other Illnesses
Carbon monoxide may also mimic illnesses that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.
How to Guard Your Residence from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no reason to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are three precautions you can complete to keep your family safe:
- Every residence with at least one natural gas appliance, attached garage or fireplace requires a carbon monoxide system. It’s necessary to have an alarm on each level of your home, on top of the basement and garage. You also should install one inside or outside of every bedroom. Don’t have a carbon monoxide alarm in your residence?
Call Jack Nelson Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 918-212-8927 to get one. Ask our pros about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
- If you presently own a carbon monoxide system, consistently look at or swap out the batteries. You should look at batteries every 90 days, and buy a new alarm every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide alarm sounds, get out of your house right away and phone 911.
Protect Your Loved Ones with Help from Jack Nelson Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be frightening, and with the proper steps your house can be safe from the hazardous gas. Take the necessary steps and call Jack Nelson Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 918-212-8927 to learn more.