Building a new house? Upgrading your existing equipment? Regardless of why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you may quickly realize you have more choices than you originally thought. Go through this guide to help you compare four different types so you can find the best air conditioner in Tulsa.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what most people call to mind when they picture air conditioning for the full house. Central air conditioning circulates air to every room through a system of ducts and registers.
This might be great for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You currently have a furnace or air handler.
- You want quiet, convenient cooling.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps run much like central air conditioners. A lot of models can also deliver heat when it’s cold.
This could be good for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- Your reside in an area with mild weather during the winter.
- You want a single piece of equipment for year-round heating and cooling, in lieu of a traditional furnace and air conditioner.
- Your home doesn’t have (or you don’t desire) natural or propane gas.
- You’re seeking quiet, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground beneath your feet stays at a stable 55 degrees all year round. A geothermal heat pump makes use of this constant well of energy with underground loops for excellent heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be right for you if:
- Your house utilizes ductwork.
- You want a lone piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have ample land around your home for the subterranean loops.
This is an additional kind of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit connects to an interior blower unit fixed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows shut.
This could be right for you if:
- Your house, or a new add-on to it, doesn’t have ductwork.
- You’re seeking an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling single spaces.
- You want to install zoning in your residence.
Still unsure which kind of air conditioner you should get? Turn to the Experts at Jack Nelson Service Experts for everything air conditioning! We can educate you on your options and help you pick the right one for your home. Please contact us at 918-212-8927 to get an air conditioning replacement estimate right away.