Air conditioners don’t work for a lifetime, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Tulsa, you may be wondering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some aspects to consider, plus the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can usually delay it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? Many homeowners are replacing their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and increases comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the complete comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the appropriate amount of air to keep your residence the right temperature. An updated air conditioner might require a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Jack Nelson Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and make the right recommendation.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your wallet if you replace both systems together.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are adequately sized, there aren’t usually any large immediate drawbacks. A mismatched setup is frequently not permanent until the other system stops working. You can avoid the temporary repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these rewards:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything runs at the highest efficiency, making your home more comfortable and decreasing your yearly energy bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you get a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll pay for repairs that could have gone toward a modern furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced during the same appointment. And you might even qualify for an exclusive deal because you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Jack Nelson Service Experts. We get the price of replacing your total system may concern you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are included!*
Rest assured that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done right the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 918-212-8927 to request an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.