With the winter weather we all tend to spend most of our time inside trying to stay warm. While sometimes snuggling in bed and drinking coffee will do the trick, Jack Nelson Service Experts is here with a couple tips on how to stay warm (and safe!) this season.
Install Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Confirm you have carbon monoxide (CO) detectors installed on each floor of your home, specifically near bedrooms, and test them to make sure they are operating. Since CO is an odorless gas and cannot be detected, it’s vital that you have operating CO detectors to make sure you are safe.
Get Your Chimney Inspection
This is the perfect time of year to get the fireplace roaring, but before you do, ensure you have your chimney cleaned and inspected by a professional. The fireplace may be a source of CO if you don’t keep it regularly cleaned and maintained.
Be Careful with Space Heaters
Space heaters are typically safe, energy efficient, and a successful way to heat small sections of your home, but verify it has been approved by a recognized testing laboratory and contains an automatic shut-off feature. Observe all manufacturer’s instructions and make sure it is placed on a hard, level surface at least three feet away from anything flammable.
With a heating tune-up from Jack Nelson Service Experts in Tulsa, we will perform a safety check of your heating system to ensure there are no leaks or CO problems. Along with a Precision tune-up, confirm your heating vents are not blocked and that you’re changing your air filter every month. This will prevent the air flow from becoming restricted and help avoid allergens from exacerbating respiratory issues.
If You Need Help Staying Warm, Ask
There are appropriate ways and wrong ways to make sure your home is heated – using the oven, a grill, or a camp stove are all wrong ways. Using these appliances to heat your home could cause a fire or a dangerous accumulation of carbon monoxide. If you need assistance paying your heating bills, visit NeedHelpPayingBills.com to find a service in Tulsa.
To make sure your home is ready to keep you safe and warm all season long, call Jack Nelson Service Experts at 918-212-8927 today.