When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, safe water to flow out. But even if your water seems clear, it could still carry toxic chemicals that are hazardous to your family’s health and well-being. Plenty of people dislike the taste of polluted tap water and understand the risk of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have healthy drinking water nearby.
If you want to ensure your family’s well-being, you may first think about trying the bottled water plan. Unfortunately, this gets pricey fast. In addition, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up polluting the world’s waterways, harming the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and healthier for the environment than using so much bottled water. It will also deliver healthier water more easily because you can get it directly from the tap. In addition, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, enabling you to capitalize on the benefits anywhere you use water in your home.
Before installing a whole-house water filtration system, find out what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out harmful contaminants. Then, contact Jack Nelson Service Experts to help you find and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality varies by location, but several of the most likely contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your water supply by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that legal water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your faucets, supplying you and your family with safe, healthy water to drink. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of sediment in your drinking water. Composed of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and can become concentrated in the water main after heavy rains. While largely harmless, sediment can make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax provides sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. However, this disinfectant creates hazardous chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. Some DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the objective of installing any water filtration solution. Besides being safer for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more murky water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so helpful because it guarantees clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that clean water doesn’t have to include higher utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s structure, you could need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to satisfy your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the strongest warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Jack Nelson Service Experts, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, like the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to reduce water hardness, eliminate bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, simple and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Get in contact with your local Jack Nelson Service Experts office for help choosing a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.