Your HVAC system is vital to a comfortable home and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work tirelessly in the background, heating, cooling, regulating the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. A lot of homeowners take these functions for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioner has ever stopped working on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wishes to deal with emergency repairs, higher energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if there was a way to maintain a constant supply of healthy, conditioned air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like getting an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are a must for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should think about enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and a trusted HVAC contractor. Participation takes the guessing out of HVAC service by supplying routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract is not required to request tune-ups with Jack Nelson Service Experts, but we highly recommend registering. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so people often forget about scheduling furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, consider these benefits:
- Uncover small problems early: Issues with your HVAC equipment often progress little by little. When a technician examines the internal components each year, it’s possible to pinpoint and take care of small problems before they become big headaches.
- Reduce the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and stabilizing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the likelihood of a sudden breakdown diminishes.
- Smaller repair costs: Scheduled HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable cost that reduces the need for most major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that yearly maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills in the process.
- Encourage home comfort: When your heating and cooling system functions the way it should, airflow improves for even temperatures and more manageable humidity in your home.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can last years longer versus a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement expenses.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety inspection during every visit offers peace of mind that your HVAC system is working as intended.
- Maintain your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance to such a degree that they necessitate once-a-year tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in maintenance now shields you from costly repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance agreement puts you at the front of the line when you schedule an emergency repair. You can typically anticipate same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your HVAC system? An HVAC contract grants access to the most rapid installs possible, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance reduces the need for repair service, but if your system needs some attention, having an HVAC maintenance agreement entitles you to a 15% discount. You’ll also receive 15% off indoor air quality products, such as pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Heating and cooling repairs are sometimes inevitable, but they can get pricey fast. Luckily, with an HVAC agreement, you’ll never pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour visits.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the results leave you dissatisfied, the technician will return to correct things.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Jack Nelson Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan provides and contact our staff to help you choose the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before signing up. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to request a tune-up, please contact your local Jack Nelson Service Experts office today.