What can be done to protect my home from carbon monoxide?

Prevention is the most crucial place to begin. Completing proper safety precautions will decrease your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Tulsa.

Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family protected:

  • Idle your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
  • Don’t use ovens or grills as heating sources. These items are safe when used correctly but can produce carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
  • Don’t run a gas generator indoors, because it makes fumes.
  • Have your chimney inspected by a specialist. This confirms chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected appropriately.
  • Check gas appliances are working accurately, particularly your furnace. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by scheduling annual furnace maintenance with Jack Nelson Service Experts.