Prevention is the most important place to begin. Completing proper safety precautions will decrease your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Tulsa.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Idle your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours on in the small space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heaters. These items are safe when used right but can produce carbon monoxide when on for an extended period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a pro. This confirms chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected correctly.
- Check gas appliances are working accurately, particularly your furnace. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe heating by scheduling annual furnace maintenance with Jack Nelson Service Experts.