Prevention is the most crucial place to begin. Completing proper safety precautions will decrease your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Tulsa.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Idle your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heating sources. These items are safe when used correctly but can produce carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, because it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a specialist. This confirms chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected appropriately.
- Check gas appliances are working accurately, particularly your furnace. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by scheduling annual furnace maintenance with Jack Nelson Service Experts.