Your sump pump is one of those systems you may not think about until you need it—then you cross your fingers it’s running as it should. The good news is that the experts at Jack Nelson Service Experts are here to help whether you decide on new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Tulsa home.
Sump pumps can stop working for a number of different reasons and we’ve probably witnessed it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting weird, give Jack Nelson Service Experts a call to come and investigate your issue.
During our visit, we can leave you with various preventive maintenance tricks to help ensure your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or specifically, quite the contrary) when you need it most. Our team will check your sump pump for appropriate operation and if we see any evidence of a potential mishap, we’ll alert you immediately and discuss your options.
It is vital to note there are multiple easy things that you can do to make sure you have your sump pump set up for efficiency:
- Make sure the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is vertical and not tilting to one side because it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it has been a while since your sump pump has functioned, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unblocked.
Because your sump pump is really a type of insurance to protect your house and your belongings from what can be devastating water damage, look to the experts at Jack Nelson Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 918-212-8927
or request an appointment online.